Have your once-perky breasts started to sag and droop? Changes in your breasts are common due to aging, childbirth, nursing and weight loss. Luckily, you don't have to live with unwelcome changes to your silhouette. Elmhurst, IL, plastic surgeon Dr. Alexandrina Saulis explains how a breast lift could restore your appearance.
What is a breast lift?
A breast lift is a surgical procedure that relieves sagging by reshaping breast tissue, removing loose skin and repositioning your nipple and areola. Incisions from a breast lift are usually hidden under the areola and the crease of the breast.
Who can benefit from a breast lift?
Although the best way to tell if you're a good candidate for a breast lift is with a visit to our Elmhurst office, a breast lift may be a good idea if:
- You have significant sagging: If your nipples are lower than the crease under your breast, you're probably a good candidate for a breast lift.
- Your nipples point downward: When your breast tissue sags, your nipples may no longer face outward. A breast lift can restore the normal position of your nipples.
- Your breasts are different sizes: In addition to lifting your breasts, the surgery can also make your breasts more symmetrical by reshaping them.
- Your weight is stable: Your results may not last as long if you constantly lose and regain weight.
- You aren't planning on becoming pregnant: Because pregnancy and breastfeeding can contribute to sagging, it's best to postpone a breast lift until after you've completed your family.
- You want to look better in your clothing: Sagging breasts can affect the way your clothing fits and make you feel self-conscious on the beach. Lifting your breasts can boost your self-esteem and make you feel proud of your physique once again.
- You're considering breast augmentation: Breast augmentation and breast lifts are often performed at the same time.
- You're healthy: You must be in good health and free from any conditions or diseases that affect healing. Because smoking can also slow healing, you may not be a good candidate if you smoke.
Are you interested in learning if a breast lift is the right choice for you? Schedule an appointment with Elmhurst, IL, plastic surgeon Dr. Alexandrina Saulis by calling (630) 920-9404.