Find out what factors could make you a good candidate for breast augmentation.
Whether you’ve already decided that breast implants are right for you or you are just in the beginning stages of your research, it’s important to understand breast augmentation, what it can (and can’t do) and who is an ideal candidate for treatment. Scheduling a simple cosmetic evaluation with our Elmhurst, IL, plastic surgeon Dr. Alexandrina Saulis is typically the first step. We understand some patients may have concerns about the current COVID crisis, rest assured that your health and safety are our number one priority. We are working to reduce COVID-19 infection risks. We have office procedures in place, including limiting patient consultations to minimize exposure in our waiting rooms as well as rigorous cleaning of the office between patients. Through every step of your aesthetic procedure, we strive to provide the best service possible to our patients while reducing any risk of infection.
If you are considering a breast augmentation, some factors to consider include,
- Your health: An ideal candidate will be in good physical health. We will go through your medical history during your consultation. It’s important to let us know about any preexisting health problems (e.g. diabetes; heart disease) and any current medications you are taking.
- Your expectations: While plastic surgery can provide some pretty incredible results it’s also important to be realistic about your expectations. During your consultation, our Elmhurst, IL, plastic surgeon will discuss your treatment goals to make sure they align with what breast augmentation can offer.
- Your weight: An ideal candidate will already be within their ideal weight and maintain a healthy body mass index (BMI). Since significant weight fluctuations may alter results and your appearance, it’s important that you are leading a healthy lifestyle, exercising regularly and maintaining a healthy weight.
- Your age: While it’s never too late to consider breast augmentation it’s important that patients are at least 18 years old before they consider surgery. Breasts will need to be fully developed before cosmetic surgery can be considered.
- Safety: Be assured that your safety is paramount with Dr. Saulis as we enter the post-COVID19 pandemic period. For your initial consultation, please be aware that Dr. Saulis and her staff have and continue to focus on decreasing any risk of patient infection. This includes rigorous office space cleaning between patients and limiting patient consultations to minimize exposure in our waiting rooms.
You can also take comfort in knowing that all surgeries are performed at two JACHO approved hospitals: Elmhurst Memorial Hospital and Hinsdale Hospital. Both of these hospitals are national leaders in low infection rates and patient satisfaction.
Rest assured that as a patient with Dr. Saulis the utmost attention will be directed toward your safety and maximally reducing infection risks for aesthetic surgery.
Breast augmentation can enhance and improve your appearance in many ways including,
- Improving the fullness, roundness and volume of small breasts
- Fixing asymmetrical or disproportionally shaped breasts
- Enhancing the overall shape of the breasts (in areas that may not look as full)
- Reconstructing the shape and appearance of your breasts after a mastectomy (to treat breast cancer)
If you are interested in getting breast augmentation in Elmhurst, Oakbrook, Hinsdale or the surrounding Western suburbs, then schedule your consultation with our qualified plastic surgeon. Call Dr. Alexandrina Saulis at Aesthetic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at (630) 920-9404 to find out if breast augmentation is right for you.