If you have tried dieting and regular exercise, but fail to see the flat, toned core you want, Dr. Alexandrina Saulis might have the procedure for you—abdominoplasty in Naperville. Commonly referred to as a “tummy tuck,” abdominoplasty is designed to remove excess fat and loose skin, as well as restore your abdominal muscles. With the cold weather, now is the best time for you to undergo treatment in the Naperville area for abdominoplasty, since you won’t have to worry about hitting the beach.
Before undergoing surgery, it is important that you learn as much about abdominoplasty in Naperville as possible so that you can better understand your procedure. Let’s take a look at the top five facts about abdominoplasty you should know:
1. There is more than one type of abdominoplasty procedure – just like other surgery options, abdominoplasty can take the form of different procedures. You can focus on the lower abdomen to tighten loose skin, or remove excess skin while tightening underlying muscles. Our Naperville area Board Certified plastic surgeon will work with you to determine the best procedure for you individual goals.
2. Recovery will last several weeks – Once your procedure is complete, your recovery time will typically last longer than other cosmetic surgeries. Depending on the extent of your surgery, you may need assistance at home for up to five days, with full recovery taking up to three weeks. Dr. Saulis will go over recovery instructions with you before and after your procedure.
3. This is not a way to lose weight – Before you undergo your abdominoplasty in Naperville, you should lose weight. It is important to not rely on this surgery to resolve any long-standing weight loss issues.
4. Results are permanent – While this surgery is permanent, it is important to avoid big fluctuations in your weight.
5. Abdominoplasty is for men, too – While abdominoplasty is a popular procedure among women, men also suffer from loose muscles and sagging skin that aren’t improved by exercise or diet.
If you are in search of tighter abdominal muscles after you have grown discouraged from excessive dieting and exercising that yield no results, abdominoplasty might be what you are looking for. Contact Dr. Alexandrina Saulis for more information on abdominoplasty and to see if you are a candidate for this procedure.